Wednesday, January 20, 2010

24: Season 8, Episode 3 'Day 8: 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM' Review


Accept my sympathies Maggie and Jim, for I already knew your faith. I was actually surprised that Jim didn't try to get the upper hand and smack the gun from his friend... that stabbed him in the back. What will happen to their son? He would certainly have to permanently stay with his grandmother, hopefully with the true motives for his parents' death concealed. This double homicide did not go unpunished; avenged by Jack non the less, the same man believed to be their killers.

It's a funny thing, Jack being labeled a 'cop killer', possibly more ironic. This was a new side for the 'Cops stickin' up for their men' to be explored. Every time that cop punched Jack, I wanted to punch him back. Of course over time it felt as though the writers scripted that scene to delay Jack from gaining on the terrorist.
I just didn't get why the cop would turn on his partner and help Jack. Even if he was new at everything, he wasn't going to be popular when he showed his face back at the station. I guess none of that matters now.

As for Jack saving President Hassan's life through Agent Ortiz, the hype was unbelievable. I was anxious in anticipation for the next hour, because this one went by too quickly. Is Ortiz alive! More so is President Hassan alive! Of course they would be. Well, I was not too sure or Ortiz, but that President could not die so early in the game. Right then I wanted to stick it to Hastings because he not only owed Jack an apology, but Chloe a huge bonus. What if he detained Jack as he intended; his feet would have been roasting and he would have to develop a knack for job hunting.
At this point I kept wondering "When are we going to see Renee?".

Lexa

______________________

Four and a Half Stars

Grade B+
______________________

No comments: