Friday, January 22, 2010

The Mentalist: Season 2 Episode 12 'Bleeding Heart' Review


I figured it out, I just thought who would be the most unlikely suspect and the reporter had the most advantage over the case, but I figured it out! Okay so maybe there were others that aced the detective case solver (or whatever you call it), but sometimes I am left guessing, having two possible suspects. It's always cool when you favorite shows leave you thinking all the time.

I was just happy to have Jane confess his true feelings without any smart come on. The moment the camera's were all over his face and he became on edge, I thought of the last time he was on camera and the impact it left on his family life. This was a good episode for revealing things. Especially for Van Pelt and Rigsby, but did they really have to say they were 'lovers', how about 'in a relationship' the rest could have easily been implied.

What I admire most about The Mentalist is their consistency with good quality episodes. Every episode is clever, and details a reasonable twist, that certainly has something to do with their cast, because I am really impressed. I also appreciate the emotional connections within the series; it is not just a crime drama, but it has substance. We get detailed references about each character and every individual is complicated in their own way, even 'hard core' Teresa.

I doubt she would do anything much about Van Pelt and Rigsby's relationship now, maybe it could hamper her decisions when it comes to them teaming up together. It seems as though the writers found no reason to keep their relationship a secret, but now that it's out would it change anything? For now, I think they would be okay. Jane was obviously happy they confessed, especially since his hold on them was over - to an extent.

The 'J' character came off somewhat cheesy and I am usually game for episodes that convey that type of realistic dilemma, maybe it was the actor, anyway I look forward to next week, I have no idea what to expect.

Lexa

___________

Four Stars

Grade B+
___________

No comments: