Thursday, November 19, 2009

Smallville Countdown Speculations


I don't think I've been more excited counting down the days until Smallville airs the next episode. I noticed a few changes in Smallville lately and not only have the writers succeeded in giving Lois and Clark their real love story, but everything else is equally mesmerizing.

I focus solely on Clois in my reviews and sometimes I hardly find the room to squeeze in some of the other story lines that have been exceptional this season.

Tess Clark and Zod

Tess has this commitment to saving the world, but she also comes off as a villain. The one thing that sets her aside from the villainess is her heart connections. Even though she secluded herself from Oliver, she still holds a piece of their relationship close to her and I believe if Oliver was in trouble she would spend one second out of her obsession to save to world to do it. She could easily sway over to the other side, but I'm glad she could still be trusted slightly. Her connection with Zod, I believe is to get inside his head, if she did form an alliance with him it would be to get the better hand.

I also fear that Tess would want to conquer the world if she does save it. She risks a lot having two things against her; her femininity and her human heart. I've noticed her ability to cling on to fighting skills as her armor and she sometimes uses her femininity to her advantage and she has managed to close her heart off to anyone that was once close to her. She shows compassion or desire towards Clark because of his superhero complex and she would not be any match for him if they got in a battle. In 'Kandor' Clark admitted to being the blur and he intimidated her into giving up his father's location. Clark is not afraid of Tess, she has been hinting it to him that she knew since last season, it only took a confession from Clark to remove any little doubt she had. Clark believes that Tess could be harmless for the moment, she has proven that she wanted to help him and if she wanted to reveal his identity she would have sabotaged him a long time ago.

Tess wants to prove to Zod that she is capable of being as strong as steel and she cannot be intimidated easily. I think the Kandorian Tess eliminated was a message to Zod to back off, and consider a partnership between them. Zod sees humans as peasants and working with Tess is like an insult to 'his kind', but Tess comes off to be more than human and I believe he is somewhat intrigued by her strength, but I don't think he trusts her, they both manipulate each other to get on top of things. The one thing I feared most in Kandor was Clark's identity being revealed by Zod, because now he has the upper hand, like he has an explosive in his hands he could let off at any time.

Chloe, Clark and Lois' Dreams

In all of the Superman, Lois and Clark themed shows I know, Chloe hasn't been sso popular with screen time. In Lois' Dreams I've noticed that Chloe lays flat on the ground, eyes opened and it presents the idea that she could die in the future, because Lois' dreams give flashes of what to come. Chloe has lost everything in her life, she no longer has any emotional connection. After Jimmy died and she begged Clark to bring him back and he chose not to, I believe Chloe still has a grudge. Even though she and Clark get along good, there are still issues between them. She no longer appreciates privacy and she occasionally showed some serious negative energy towards Clark and Lois bonding. I believe that although she hides it well, she misses Jimmy and she misses the times when Clark depended solely on her. Now Clark is steps closer to revealing his secret to Lois and that's probably bothering her a bit, that was the one thing she and Clark shared together.

Without her strong goal to figure things out and use her skills for the betterment of mankind, I really don't know what Chloe would have to do. She has now dedicated her life to protecting others and she could get killed doing it. I don't want Chloe to be knocked out this rounds, I really appreciate the contribution Allison Mack has made to the series especially since she was a cast from day one and still going. I don't think I would ever be okay with Chloe leaving, if the writers had that story line in mind, or Lois' dreams are some sort of trick to deceive us, I hope it is the latter. Chloe needs to find some grounding in her life.

What ever happened to the hacker she recruited? He hasn't been mentioned for two straight episodes, so I wonder what use Chloe could have for him since she's been solitary all this time, would she have room for someone else? I still can't believe that Chloe was the one to get Clark to fess up and tell Lois how he felt. Maybe she got tired of hearing him whine about her all the time. She notices the connection between them. Could it be in a selfish way that she knows Lois is one reason Clark pulled away from Kal El 100 and came back to earth and it's the only way Clark would communicate with her?

Lois' Dream and Everything Else Surrounding It

Lois was obviously not offended or turned off by the dream, which also means that she has probably had the image of them together flashed through her mind before, especially since their almost-kiss in Season 8. The three week lapse in Lois' memory suggests that what ever happened in the future took three weeks to unravel and she came back to somewhat prevent it from happening. Whatever 'it' is, it involves Zod, since his arrival and the ring came about the same time.

Lois' dream got more intense after Clark kissed her. Before she just had vague flashes and now after that 'Crossfire' WOW!, she had an entire intimate moment play out in her head. Which explains why the second kiss possibly placed her in a sleeping state. 'Pandora' according to the myth suggest that she opened a box containing the evils of mankind out of share curiosity. The next episode reflects something being opened that should have just stayed dormant. I believe Zod has a lot to do with that.

I watched 'Idol' clips over and I noticed Clark's cheek being bruised when he held Lois from behind. I was too busy fixating on their moment that I barely paid any attention to what the scar meant. Now Clark is invincible, any scar leaves within seconds. His 'I wish we had more time' before he held Lois symbolises a sort of escape for them to be together or the last time they would ever be together, since he probably lost his immortality.

In 'Crossfire' Tess put forward a solar system she was working on. I tried to figure out why Zod would be interested in becoming CEO of anything, especially since he despised the human race, so why would he want to work for them? Zod is trying to regain his powers. The main source of Clark's powers is the Yellow sun and when they focused on the orange-red sun in Lois's dream I figured that maybe that was responsible for his absence of powers. Zod wants Clark defenseless and he uses his hatred for Jar El to defeat Clark.

Finally...

This is my speculation of the series so far, it could go either way. I don't know about Oliver and his sidekick or even partner, but I believe that they would show them selves again probably even to help Clark when he's down. This just crossed my mind does Lois know about Clark's secret in the future? What do you think?
I absolutely loved the way these writers captured Lois and Clark, I mean really, well done. I just now count down the hours until it airs, is it Friday yet?

Lexa

No comments: