Tuesday, February 16, 2010

24: Season 8, Episode 8 'Day 8: 11:00 PM - 12:00 AM' Review


Things became serious for me during that torture scene with Jack. That's two times for the day already not so? I believe Jack should have gone with Kim, and have someone else be the hero for their country. At that point when the torturer stuck his finger into Jack's wound, everything became squirmy. I am just tired of Jack suffering relentlessly. What seemed to be a waste, was that it lead him to nothing, the rods were gone and that only meant another 24 runaround of 'tag' where everyone becomes a suspect and the chase is always ongoing.

Everything just felt like an eye roller at this point. From the moment Jack got the better of his torturer, to the point where he surprised Bazhaev-after he himself proved to be a worthy villain, to be defeated so easily was a real shame, by a table being thrown on him non-the-less. Did Jack not expect to be tortured by these men, they obviously would not have trusted him to book a deal. Bazhaev was smart, he figured that Jack was a cop(not really-retired) and not because he looked like one exactly, but because of his style and approach to making a deal, it lacked the necessary finesse of a businessman. They didn't even try to do a background check on his name.

I felt disappointed when Jack got a handle on things so easily and arrested Bazhaev. I think I am tired of hearing the phrase "I want Immunity". I was like 'it couldn't be over already, how much episodes we have left?'. I couldn't believe Bazhaev's son took over the operation, that felt like a traditional 24 runaround scene. Like they did that one already and Jack was having a series of deja-vu moments.

I didn't appreciate Renee being labeled crazy and Hastings is really annoying me now. I want to have his credentials and who recommended him for the position, in full view. He is really a huge fool if he could walk over people, take credit for the job when it's done right and blame the same people when the job gets screwed up. A leader is supposed to take the heat on both occasions, for the good and the bad, and Hastings seems to be more like a follower in the shadows type.

As for Dana, I have nothing really to say about her. She started off as a strong character and now they are painting her to be this major idiot. I believe her plot would have something to do with the later events in the day, that's if she goes through with pulling the trigger. Somehow I stopped caring about her character and the dilemmas that came with it. She just has no real principles set in her life to take the stand I want her to. Her solution to solving a problem, is to have it end with a bullet, when she could have prevented him from doing any harm in the early stages. Since when did Kevin's friend have s much mouth to talk to Dana that way, anyway I guess I had something to say on that topic after-all, but I am not a fan of the few minutes wasted on Dana's lack in judgment.

President Hassan's scene was a bit mellow, along with the scenes with his daughter, I already knew of her relationship with Tarin and I don't believe he's the traitor Hasssan made him out to be. Who knows, expect the unexpected I guess.
This hour was very slow and felt redundant for some reason, like a roller coaster ride I've been on before. I hope things begin to spin the way I want it.

Lexa

_____________

Three Stars

Grade C-
_____________

No comments: