Thursday, February 11, 2010

Make it or Break it Discussion - Episode 1 till now...


I have been deciphering for a while whether or not I should add 'Make it or Break it' to my review list. I remember how I first found out about this series. A friend of mine raced over to the television screen the moment after discovering what time it was and became hooked to the screen. She barely answered me when I asked what show it was. I did my research and soon enough I became a fan, probably not as hooked as she was, but I became familiar with the characters on this series.

I admired the tension created within this series from the pilot, and it became more interesting as the episode numbers increased.
Now the reason I am a bit conflicted as to whether I should begin reviewing it, is that I'm not sure how much more of Lauren I can take or how long Payson and Emily's story lines could continue to hold my interest. Kaylie and Carter's storyline has somewhat annoyed me, Carter came off as an unlikeable character the moment he made having a fling with his girlfriend's friend (which I don't even believe is true on Lauren's part).
Carter was bold to confront Kaylie in the dance, sure it might have broken his heart to see her dancing with another guy, but she earned the right to do that. Kaylie is not obligated to their relationship anymore, especially since Carter hasn't changed his true colors and continues to hang out by Lauren, knowing the crazy type she is.

Lauren needs some serious help, she has completely spun out of control from the first time we met her. She is more possessive, jealous and conceited than she's ever been before and it has reached to the point where I can get really upset the moment she is in a scene. Every time she has a moment on screen, she is either talking someone down, trying to sneak something under their nose, or is trying to manipulate or blackmail someone. Half the time she pretends to be Kaylie's friend so she could somewhat fit in and continue her cycle all over again.

I don't know whether to feel complete pity for the character Lauren portrays or to just despise her guts. Carter himself is another pathetic subject, but if I were to dig deeper into the plot, I would seriously be talking about a soap opera, other than a show about gymnasts achieving their dreams.

Payson is the only one that has less drama around her, mostly because she is the most committed, generous and likable. Although I don't understand why the writers chose that highschool guy for her love interest. I don't truly believe he would change for the sake of it.

To be continued...

Lexa

No comments: