Sunday, April 25, 2010

Romantically Challenged: Season 1 Episode 1 'Pilot' Review


This is something new, and as a new series starring Alyssa Milano, who starred on shows like 'Charmed' and 'Who's the Boss', and finally found her way back to comedy. I enjoyed this series, I actually expected that the opposite. I expected a cheesy comedy which reused lines from older versions, but I wrong. Milano pulls of not quite the Sam in 'Who's the Boss', but is borders close.

The plot-line is even different form most; a new divorcee, who after being in one relationship for a long time now has to face the challenges of being single, types. Although there were some cheesy lines when it came to her sister, Lisa and the sex crazed friend, Shawn, bunking with Rebecca's other male friend, Justin.

I only hope it's not going to be the cat and mouse game until Rebecca finds herself with Justin or even has a one night stand with Shawn. Writers have made mistakes in the past by having each character fool around or end up involved with each other. Shawn reminds me of an obnoxious version of Joey from 'Friends'. He seems to have an attraction to Lisa, but I hope it goes no where.

A good start to a new series otherwise, I honestly began watching this series because of Milano and I hope it surpasses my expectations as a series.

Lexa

____________

Three Stars

Grade C+
____________

No comments: