Friday, April 10, 2009

24 'Day 7: 8:00 PM - 9:00 PM' Review

A round of Applause.

That is what I gave this show after it met it's dreaded 9:00 hour and it's anticipated 9:00 to 10:00 hour.

Breathtaking; another episode which kept me on the tip of my toes. 24 gives us different approaches to the same act and it always seems to be something new.

SPOILER ALERT

I knew Jack could not just walk out of the safe room without a Plan B. I must admit, I felt for Bill, his death was heartbreaking, he was a cherished cast member for 24 and I'm sure he would always be remembered. They hadn't mentioned Karen Hayes this season and whether or not she was still married to Bill?

Agent Moss agent feels threatened by Jack's hold over Renee, when will he admit to himself that not everything is done 'by-the-book' and that is why Jack's methods work. Even though Jack is framed for murder, that scene was just brutal on every level, but well played.

The President's role played by Cherry Jones is a strong one and she pulls it off; she plays President Allison Taylor beautifully.

This show just knows how to give us a good deal and I usually am left thinking it couldn't get better, but is slapped in the face every week.

What a day we have ahead of us. I count down on the hours left hoping the day doesn't get any shorter on 24.

Lexa
_________________________


Four out of Five Stars
_________________________



No comments: