Thursday, April 9, 2009

Private Practice 'Serving Two Masters' Review


I'm going to be frank with you, there were some parts of this episode I didn't really take to. Still I definitely loved the opening scene, you could definitely tell that Addison was hot for her cop lol... and that 'I love you' was sweet. You can't expect that they were doing all that dirty work in vain. Finding Sam a date. I think it's cool that he wants to get out there, but what's his rush, it's obvious he still isn't over Naomi. Maybe they should find Ginger again, remember the stripper... I mean the entertainer from Season 1 Episode 2 (In Which Sam Receives an Unexpected Visitor), but I guess that Sam actually wanted someone real. I still don't understand why he and Naomi broke up, they can't really break Maya's heart twice.


Violet and Cooper seemed closer than ever. I think that they are both using their 'friendship' to cover up something more. Cooper is always telling Violet that she could tell him anything and vice-versa. That only spells that they're beyond the miles of friendship and I keep saying that Violet and Cooper transcend the friendship stage.



This episode finally mentions Addison's old life (Grey's Anatomy). She reveals her 'trust issues' with respect to the phrase 'I love you' and what comes with it. Things got amusing when she started following Kevin around like she was some sort of cop herself, but she sure was obvious with it, she still ended up getting caught. Derek is brought up, I was wondering when her old life was going to be brought up. That ending scene where she admitted that she couldn't commit to the three words he wanted to hear didn't really impress me. What's with Kevin and his SWAT shirt, it's become an icon in the entire show, can't he change before he goes over by his girlfriend. We've already established that he is SWAT. The way Dell acted, it was no surprise he was expecting something, but the whole idea of his daughter was completely absurd and I really didn't take to it. If anything, that could have played of completely differently. Charlotte, setting up her own business, I guess it was okay, but I think I'm actually getting fed-up of the whole Cooper-Charlotte relationship.



Case(s)

*Two women married to the same man, both pregnant at the same time. Okay, I liked it. What I didn't like was how Addison stuck her nose into it. I know that she is a doctor, but that twisted issue wasn't her job to fix. I understood that the reason why she overstepped was because her history of affairs. If you didn't know the wife who had complications with her pregnancy also starred in a Grey's Anatomy episode (Where the boys are, Season 3 episode 7). The actress' name is Alexandra Holden.



*The Alzheimer's patient was a sweet touch, but it became corny when 'everything worked out in the end' sort of like a fairytale ending, not that I didn't like it, it was just too plain and obvious.




Favorite Scene(s)

*Everyone teaming up on on Violet to find out the truth about Charlotte and Cooper. Played off beautifully.



*The beginning scene between Kevin and Addison. Did you notice that there was a similarity in the scene when Kevin placed Addison on the counter. It was identical to the way Pete placed Addison on the counter in the opening scene 'In Which Sam Gets Taken for a Ride' Season 1 Episode 7.



*Addison following Kevin and the entire scene where she gets arrested. Addison definitely did not where those handcuffs well and shouting 'I'm a doctor' really did not help her case, it only made the scene much funnier. This was not a bad episode, but there were far better installments this season.


__________________________




Two out of four stars



__________________________





1 comment:

Unknown said...

"I'm the alibi" - that raises huge alarm bells. He admitted to being a liar. He admitted to helping others cheat and that shreds his credibility as a partner. So when Addison admits she doesn't trust him and it's only about her own infidelities it feels like they overlooked the other half of the cause of her mistrust.