Thursday, April 9, 2009

Gossip Girl 'There Might be Blood' Review



I was really wondering how they were going to approach Jenny and Nate's relationship and it played off well. I loved the whole idea of the 'teenage love affair' between them it was a fun roller coaster ride. Let's just take this review in steps shall we.

Jenny and Nate
This was an unexpected-expected romance couple for the show. What I mean is it was something that started off in Season 1 and died down a bit and came all of a sudden in season 2 last episode 'Pret-a-Poor-J'. I oddly enough liked them. Jenny though had this rebellious 'I'm an adult' attitude going on, where she believed she could do it all, well don't we all think that way until reality steps in. How about Little J taking it on her own at the end. I look forward to the next episode for that.

Chuck and Blair
Well weren't they all lovie dovie 'I love you' last episode, glad to see that didn't repeat itself, though their bonding as 'just friends' (Yeh right) is actually sweet. It's cool that they could all work as a team without going at each others throats.

Blair and Serena
Aren't they always getting into some sort of argument. Ha, Serena trying to get Blair a position in Yale, Friendly, but that scene at the bar lol. It's good that Serena could be always forgiving (yet I sometimes think a bit too much), but if you're a friend of Blair you could expect nothing less.

Serena and Aaron

At first I knew that they were gong to hook up these two, so it wasn't a surprise that a friend of Dan's ended up being a love interest of Serena. Still I didn't like him in this episodes, his constant throwing of girls in Serena's face frankly didn't make me like him much, so Serena stay away, you don't want that extra baggage that comes with the Aaron package. Then again you can't really tell Serena what to do, can you? Still I don't really take to that Aaron character.

Serena and Dan
So far so good with the 'just friends' thing going on between them. I really don't take to these two anymore, before I would be excited when they have a scene together, now its just whatever to me.


Dan and Nate

I actually like these two as friends, like Jenny said, it's really the only guy friend he has, but Nate made the mistake of hooking up with Dan's little sister and that only spells trouble and seeing that Dan was his only ticket to a descent place to stay it, left Nate homeless at the end. I really felt for him and I think I really like Nate, though I hope his stay by his mother doesn't take him away from the show, then again is that better than him staying with Chuck?

Lily and Rufus
I must admit I always loved these two as a couple. Though not much is being given about their love lives. Lily is extra happy for these episodes and what ever happened to Rufus' date, she just disappeared. It seemed like the only reason Rufus let Jenny quit school for homeschooling was because of Lily. I still feel that the fire isn't completely burnt out for these two, I hope something happens soon. Even though Lily may have angered Rufus a bit by not letting the officer arrest her daughter, 'playing the mom card are we Lilly'.


Overall this was actually a step up from past episodes. I really enjoyed this one, though I think Jenny is getting a tad bit out of control, something of what we saw from her last season which made me not like her so much then. Still I hope Jenny realizes that a father is there for a reason, to guide, though Rufus seemed to have lost that touch with both of his children, what's their hurry to grow up.


Lexa

____________________________________

Three out of Four Stars

(*** / ****)
____________________________________






GOSSIP GIRL 'THERE MIGHT BE BLOOD' CLIP



No comments: